How Much Does it Cost to be a Beachbody Coach?
Cost Of Becoming A Beachbody Coach
Ever wondered what it costs to become a Beachbody coach and what you will need to do in order to become one. When I started researching this, the information I got was rather scarce and it also took me a long time to take the plunge! However, after taking the plunge and becoming a coach I finally discovered what exactly needs to be done, and I thought I’d share the information with you all too.
You can decide between two different types of cost scenarios but choosing between cost scenarios is again up to you as it depends on why you want to be a coach. Do you want to be a coach to save money on products, do you want to make money, or do you want to do both.
I am not hiding anything from you. This is your own business so you should expect to have some start up costs. In reality these start up costs are less then a typical dinner out.
The two cost options that I mentioned earlier can be summed up as below:
- Buying BeachBody Products for the 25% Discount: Choosing this option would cost you $39.95 that will be paid out as sign up fee while another $15.95 will be paid every month following the initial sign up fee. However, there is nothing more to it. No added fees or costs whatsoever. This is the simplest sign up process. After the 1 time $39.95 fee you will pay $15.95 a month to be a coach, but you will save 25% off of all products. Most people who use Shakeology every month will do this because they end up saving about $20 a month. Not a bad deal!
- Enjoying a 25% Discount & Making Money From Sales: if you want to use a BeachBody program to build a business and also provide products to people, you will have to pay $39.95, the usual sign up fee unless you buy a challenge pack as that would help to waive off the one time fee. You still to pay $15.95 a month. This gets you your websites as well so it is money well spent. Aside from these two, in order to remain active, you will have to buy or sell 50 volume points worth of merchandise “about $55″ after every 35 days or refer people merchandise worth the same money.
(However, if you buy the Challenge Pack while the coach sign up process is going on, you will not be required to pay the $39.95 as sign up fee. The cost of every challenge pack is between the range of $160 to $305. The price depends on the workouts you choose and the food items you choose to eat).
Understanding The Real Picture
On the Beachbody Coaching’s FAQ page, it will cost $39.95 for anyone to wants to start the Beachbody business. The price includes the Business Service Fees (1st month’s), along with the Coach Business Kit. While I cannot say that this isn’t true, there is more to the real picture than just this.
After you pay $39.95 as activation fee, you are going to pay $15.95 as monthly fee in order to stay in the program and get your official Beacbody sites like these Beachbody Coach Page, Shakeology Page, and your Ultimate Reset Page. This monthly fee is referred to as Business Service Fee by Beachbody. This fee is a monthly service fee which is responsible for supporting your personal web site and online office tools. In order to get bonus payments and commissions, one should pay all business service fees on time.
Upon Joining Beachbody Coaching
- After you join the coaching program, your account status is inactive. This is due to the fact that your account is new and because you haven’t been able to sell anything as yet. Your status will be changed depending on your personal volume points, denoted by PV. The day you earn 50 PV (which will have to be earned in the last 35 days because you will have to make sales in that time period), your status will automatically be switched to Active. Every item at Beachbody comes with different PV points; the points you earn by selling each item depends on its price. The higher the price of the product, the higher the points you will get upon selling it.
- For instance, 50 PV points are equal to about $55 worth of an item; meaning that if you sell $55 worth of Beachbody item, you get 50 PV points. The plus point is that the PV points include your purchases as well along with the purchases that are made by the customer, either through Beachbody’s site or affiliate links. Additionally, if you want your status to be changed directly without having to fulfill a certain criterion, you may choose to buy the Challenge pack while the coach signup process is going on as that will help in changing the status directly. Beachbody’s system is updated every Thursday morning, so for example if you buy the Challenge pack on Tuesday, your status will be changed to Active on Thursday.
- When I was starting out, I was under the impression that I will have to spend $55 every month to stay active but this isn’t true. If you are selling 50 personal volume points worth of products each month, you will not have to purchase anything on your own. Moreover, you will also not have to be active to receive commissions. But this comes with a catch. You can receive commissions even if you are not active but you cannot receive bonuses. There is a big difference between bonuses and commissions. Commissions are earned through customers while bonuses are earned through coaches that you invite to join your team and so on. This might sound a bit complicated but you can join my team and I will explain it all to you in detail.
- If you plan on becoming successful at Beachbody and have a successful Beachbody business, you will have to choose the products wisely. Of course! But it is not that difficult to maintain your active status and have a good business as Beachbody because there are many tempting products that you can easily sell. Take for example Shakeology. Placing a home direct order for the product will help you earn 90 PV each month. In fact, in my opinion, you should place an order yourself so that you can give others its samples so they like it and then place an order of their own. I have been drinking Shakeology pretty much everyday for the last 3 years . I have no problems showing and telling other people how awesome it is!
- I have a lot to keep myself active. For instance, Shakeology’s samples and supply, workout programs, equipment, Ultimate Reset supplements and so much more. The thing I love about this business is that you purchase products that you feel like using and want others to use too. Products that are going to help in improving your life not just physically but also from a monetary point of view.
- What you can do is that you can also use Beachbody Coaching Business just as you use other affiliate programs. The company gives 25 percent discount on every sale that you refer (exclusive of shipping and handling costs). Whenever you start, you are not expected to build a team right away as you can get started on your own. However in my opinion, having a support team is the right way to increase the overall profit you earn through the coaching program. What I like best about the coaching program is that you are not REQUIRED to do anything. You can do whatever you are comfortable doing; trust me business was never this easy!!
Becoming Successful At Beachbody
- Say that your motive is not just to sell Beachbody products to earn small commissions. Rather, you have a passion to proceed and make it to the top. What should you do? In my opinion, you should become an Emerald Coach. To become one, you will have to personally sponsor 2 coaches under you.
- There are several perks of becoming an Emerald Coach. First and foremost, you become eligible to enroll in the Beachbody Customer Lead Program. To sum it up, Beachbody provides you with customers but for this to happen, you have to become a member of Team Beachbody Club for which you will have to pay a fee of $38.87 every 90 days. There are a few other steps, like filling out your Teambeachbody profile, but it is all worth it when you get free customers. Remember that $100 million a year Beachbody spends on advertising? Well all those customers from the infomercials are handed off to Emerald coaches. Pretty sweet right!
Other Costs To Keep In Mind
- After you establish yourself as a Beachbody Coach, you might want to take a few things into consideration that are going to help you expand your business. These things include setting up your own site, product samples, business cards and more. All these things such as business cards, brochures, t-shirts, promotional DVDs and others can be ordered by visiting an area offered by Beachbody in their online ‘office’. All of these items are available for a price tag (of course). For example, 250 single sided cards can be purchased for $28.99.
- I personally believe that once you get your bearings, you should invest in these items because at the end of the day, you are looking to market and establish yourself and not the brand and in order to do so, you will have to make an extra effort. When I was deciding what to buy, I got myself the business cards but I thought it was a poor choice because nobody cares about business cards anymore. In the end it actually works out well, because now when I see someone who is in great shape or has potential I hand them a card and say hey check this out! You are getting in great shape, why don’t you make some money from it.
- I also feel that you should definitely choose to establish your site or blog as that is really going to help you market effectively. Beachbody gives individuals their own store but the only way that ‘store’ will be accessed by others is if it has an online presence. See, the internet platform is massive. There are gazillion of sites and people won’t be redirected to your site on their own. You have to give them a reason to visit your site or blog to learn more about the products. Every business does has its own website or blog especially nowadays and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t go for it. Put a site together and make it interactive. I can help you every step of the way with your own site if you choose that path. Hey you found me here right
- Bear in mind that you should not choose a free platform to host your site such as Blogspot because that won’t help you or your site to stand out. You should have complete authority of whatever goes on your site and the only way of achieving that is by setting up your personal website that runs on your own and personal web hosting service. Choosing a free platform in this case is nothing but suicide. The reason why you are going to set up a site is to market your product and stand out in the market and I see no point in not doing it right from the very start. Again I will help you.
- Without making an effort, you will not be able to make the most out Beachbody’s Coaching Program, just as in the case of any other thing in life. You will have to work on it, you will have to spend some money and you will have to make a constant effort if you want this to go a long way.
- For any business that you might consider running, you are going to have to work your way to the top. You will have to spend some hours planning, incur costs and additional costs just to make sure it runs successfully and Beachbody is no exception either.
One thing I can guarantee is that once you get the hang of it and you get going in the right direction, you are going to earn a lot of money and help a lot of people financially and physically. And isn’t that what we all want?:) but again, nothing will work out if you don’t make a conscious effort so make sure you do.